Dawson’s Liquor Store, the largest liquor store in Severna Park, was started on May 27, 1944 by Cliff Dawson. The current site of Dawson’s, on the corner of McKinsey Road and B&A Boulevard, was selected in 1950 and the property remains in the possession of the Dawson family to this day.
Dawson’s is the cornerstone of Severna Park commercial history. Purchased by Ed Polk and several investors in November 1985, Ed has managed the store for the past 27 years. Over the years, many changes have occurred at Dawson’s. In order to increase our selection of wine, beer and liquor, we have eliminated the grocery store, check cashing services, and penny candy store. Due to these changes, Dawson’s has become Severna Park’s premier purveyor of wines, beers and liquors.
Our wine department carries thousands of wines from over 27 countries. Most questions can be answered by the knowledgeable Nick Cipriano. Under the direction of our beer manager, Danny Cipriano, we are constantly adding new beer to our inventory. The legendary beer selection at Dawson’s includes over 800 different beers from over 30 countries. The beer department continues to grow with the steady availability of new beers from both the United States and breweries worldwide. Along with our beer and wine selections, Dawson’s has an extensive liquor selection. Dawson’s legendary liquor selection is hand-picked by Matt Cross to include the finest tequilas, whiskeys, rums, vodkas and cordials available in Maryland.
Outside of the retail environment, Dawson’s has been an active supporter of various community and educational activities. In addition, Dawson’s sponsors social events and dinners at local restaurants to enhance the enjoyment of libations for our customers.